Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Summer Recap: If I had to describe the feeling it was the best!

So I would like to be in denial that summer is basically over, not that it really changes much for me but still! The days are going to start getting shorter, colder, snowier, I'm sure you see my point :) and Austin has also started school. He was actually really excited but sometimes evenings get boring for me when he gets studious and does homework. Happy he is such a hard worker though! Anyways the rest of our summer was really fun. We were able to get together with all of Austin's siblings and party for a week. That was my first time experiencing the whole family together at once and my first time meeting Austin's oldest brother Derek's family. Of course they were all so great and I had a lot of fun getting to know them all a little better and playing with all of the cutest ever nieces and nephews. We also went camping the end of that same week with my family to cherry creek, where I have been going for as long as I can remember. Austin was really excited because he had heard all about the trip for the past two years and now he finally got to come. Secretly I think he was more excited about bringing Sampson the dog and spending three days straight with him than anything else. Austin's parents also let us borrow their little camper so it was really fun to have our own little area to set up and get ready. I was so happy to have it and not have to sleep on the ground :). We rode dirt bikes and Austin fished a little bit while we were there. It was overall a really fun and relaxing week. I wish we could do it like once a month! And true to form I took no pictures the whole time! I was so annoyed when I realized that but I can only do better from here on out! So if you are reading this and finding yourself bored because of lack of pictures, I understand completely! :). This last weekend Austin got off work a few hours early so last minute we decided to go to salt lake for the weekend to do a little school shopping (obviously Austin is starting school I need new clothes ;) and just one more fun weekend before school started and everything. It was so fun! We stayed Right in downtown salt lake which was perfect because everything we needed was right there! We ate at our fave places we don't have here in Idaho and of course shopped. Austin is a great husband. He really is so patient and is a great shopper. We really did shop mostly for him, since most of the clothes in his closet that he wears the most are from high school! There were some stores I wanted to make sure we made time for that I wanted to look in for me. I was trying a few things on, and I asked Austin if he would mind going and grabbing me a different size. Well bless his heart he came back with something similar, but not the same. I tried it on anyways and ended up liking it better than the original! Funny enough this is not the first time that has happened so apparently I just need to start asking for his picks the first time around :) I did get a few pics of this trip so I failed a little less this time around :) overall it was so fun and I'm so glad we got to go


So excited to go!

Trying to look normal on our way out to dinner :)

night view

delish night in!

Day view :)



No comments:

Post a Comment